If you have decided to opt for an IVF procedure to conceive, you need to prepare yourself. One most important thing you need to know is that the average success rate of IVF procedure is 35-40%. There are no tricks or ways by which this success rate becomes 80-90%. But there are also few things one should avoid during an IVF procedure. Also, the mother’s physical and emotional health can affect the success rate of the procedure. In this case, your doctor will suggest things you should do and things you should avoid.
Tips for successful IVF
Even if the success rate of IVF is 35-40%, you can still increase your chances of getting pregnant by keeping few things in mind. Here are some tips that can help:
- Detoxification can help as it may increase the success rate of IVF. You need to follow a proper diet for at least three months. It helps in gaining enough nutrients and blood.
- You need to quit alcohol, coffee and smoking during the IVF procedure. These things are harmful and can affect IVF results.
- Maintain a healthy weight as it is crucial for fertility as well as during IVF. Obesity negatively affects IVF results.
- Stay active by doing regular exercise and yoga to keep the body healthy. Also, acupuncture can help in reducing stress levels and boost the blood supply. Before 3 to 4 months of pregnancy, you may need to do acupuncture to increase the success rate of pregnancy.
- Apart from this, the doctor will suggest you take vitamins and minerals as a supplement. Vitamin A, C, B, E, minerals like selenium, zinc, magnesium and iron, folic acid increase the implementation rate of the embryo in your womb.
Instructions for successful IVF for men
There are some suggestions for men as well. For a successful IVF procedure, the sperm of the man needs to be good in quality. Men should avoid activities like cycling, hot or steam baths that can heat the testicles. Doctors also ask the male partners to stay stress-free, take vitamin A, B6, B12, C, E, zinc, selenium and manganese as a supplement. Also, doing regular exercise will help to maintain the right BMI and also decrease stress level.
Besides maintaining all of these, you have to keep your trust in your IVF doctor. The doctor can ask you to take some rest for two to three days after the procedure. You need to follow the instructions of your doctor to make your first IVF attempt successful.
How to take care during pregnancy
To make the IVF successful in the first attempt, you need to take care of yourself by the remembering following things:
- The doctors prescribe medication in the initial stage to stimulate the production of eggs for IVF. Avoid jogging, driving, lifting heavy things during this procedure because it can jerk your body.
- The sleeping position plays a huge role in this. In case of decreasing swelling chances, doctors suggest sleeping straight or left. If you sleep at a single angle, it can cause a flow of fluids towards the diaphragm and result in chest pain.
- You need to do a routine checkup, blood test, and ultrasound and take injections.
- In IVF, doctors transfer more than one embryo in the uterus to ensure the pregnancy. These can cause twin pregnancies as well. Putting more than one embryos at once can make the process successful.
At last, it is crucial to trust your doctor and believe in the process. Some couple conceives in their first IVF cycle, while others may need more than one cycles to get pregnant. Don’t lose hope; stay positive, and you will see positive results soon.
Was this blog helpful for you?
Give us a clap
they found this blog helpful