10 Ways Smoking kills Your Fertility
Smoking comes as one of the most injurious habits to a person’s health and even when it comes to the fertility aspect, the impact is no different. This is where most of the fertility experts advise their clients to quit smoking whilst they are planning to have a child and it further lay a negative impact on the overall health of the future child in the process. Lets see the 10 Ways Smoking kills Your Fertility.
1. Erectile Dysfunction: Men who are habitual of excessive smoking may find it hard to get erections as smoking put negative impacts on the sexual capabilities of a human being.
2. Damaged DNA: Smoking is also known to damage and deprecate the DNA in the sperm which is then feared to be transferred to the future baby.
3. Immature Sperms: Although the male body keeps on producing the sperms on a daily basis, it still takes around 3 months’ time to get that sperm matured. This is why fertility experts recommend couples to quit smoking 3 months before they start planning for a baby.
4. Weak Heart: Heavy smoking i.e. more than 20 cigarettes a day, can cause serious health complications to the future baby and even lead to the childhood leukemia.
5. Higher risk of birth defects in baby: Women who go through smoking during their pregnancy period are most likely to have a miscarriage as compared to those who don’t. Babies they carry also come along with certain issues like low weight during the birth, prematurely delivered or may have certain birth defects.
6. Reduced fertility of your child: If a women comes around the vicinity of people indulge in heavy smoking during her pregnancy period, it further impacts the development of the ovaries in the girl child.
7. Higher risk of Miscarriage: Every cigarette smoked by the person during her pregnancy period increases the chances of miscarriage by a percent.That’s why women should avoid smoking (both active and passive) during their pregnancy journey during the process.
8. Higher risk of Ectopic Pregnancy: Smoking also increases a woman’s risk of observing an ectopic pregnancy. Its a condition where the baby starts developing outside the uterus of the women, mostly in the Fallopian Tubes. Here there are very rare chances of the baby to survive and even the mother would be carrying a big risk for her life.
9. Reduced Fertility: Women who are more prone to smoking around carrying lesser chances of getting pregnant.
10.Reduced Female Hormone Production: Smoking also negatively impacts the hormonal production of the human body and this comes bad during the pregnancy journey of a couple.
So, it is clear that you and your partner should avoid smoking before , during and after IVF treatment.
If you are not able to conceive, then do not lose your hope. Gunjan IVF World will help you to achieve your dream to begin your family. Please contact Gunjan IVF World which is the best IVF clinic in delhi ncr and consult with our experienced doctors. You can contact us by clicking here.