IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) is often the last medical option for couple trying to conceive. It’s time consuming, expensive and requires whole hearted commitment from you. IVF Success rates range from 35-55% depending on you and your partner’s fertility & the fertility clinic. It means that all those who go for IVF may not conceive in the first IVF cycle. So, it becomes absolutely necessary for you to do the right things before, during and after the IVF treatment. In this article, we will tell you 10 things you should do to improve IVF success chance?
- Go for IVF treatment before it’s too late: Your best chances of IVF success are before its too late. Your fertility reduces with age. If you are over 30 and trying for a baby for more than 2 years, then you should seek medical help immediately from a trustworthy Infertility Specialist.
- Take Pre-Conception Counselling: Talk to your Infertility specialist so that any pre existing medical issues are taken care of. Share your feelings. Ask questions and clear your doubts. A clear mind is a must.
- Choose IVF Specialist wisely: Choose the right IVF specialist and trust him/her completely:
- Take No Tension: Avoid stress and stressful situations. Think Positive. Think about the good things that have happened to you.
- Do Light Exercises: When we exercise, our brain releases chemicals like endorphins, serotonin and dopamine that lift our mood and we feel good. You can also indulge in an activity that gives you happiness. Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Control Weight. However, refrain from doing heavy exercises as it would divert most of the blood supply to other vital organs of the body.
- Take medicines timely: Your doctor may prescribe certain medications like Folic Acid, Co Enzyme Q10, Vitamin D, Lycopene, Omega-3 fatty acids time to time. Here’s why you should take these
- Folic Acid: It prevents congenital defects in brain and spine of the baby.
- Vitamin D: It strengthens your bones and improves functioning of muscles.
- Lycopene, Co Enzyme Q10 – These are antioxidants that you should take for your general well being.
- Omega-3 fatty acid – Essential Fatty Acids that improve your metabolism.
- Maintain Hygiene: Bacterial growth, Itching, Abnormal Vaginal Discharge, UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) etc. reduce fertility. Maintain hand, vaginal and overall hygiene to improve your IVF success chance.
- Balanced Diet: Eat balanced diet of Proteins, salads, fruits, low fat, plenty of fluids. Food items to be avoided are: Chinese Food (that have Ajinomoto), Papaya, Pineapple, Refined Carbohydrates (Maida etc)
- Take Support from Office: Tell your boss that you are planning to undergo the treatment and you need their whole hearted support. Also, you would need short leaves to go to the clinic.
- Avoid drinking and smoking: Also avoid too much of Caffeine. If your husband smokes, ask him to cut down on smoking and drinking. Smoking and drinking reduce the sperm count and quality. Encourage him to do light exercises.
If you follow these simple things, you can improve IVF success chance to a great extent. If you want to know more about IVF or Test Tube Baby treatment, please read our blog IVF : A step by step guide
If you have difficulty in getting pregnant, Gunjan IVF World team would be happy to help you. We have IVF success chance or IVF success rates greater than 60%. Our take home baby rates are more than 90%. You can contact us here