Becoming a mother has always been a lifelong dream to every woman in this world and while lot of them attains that Motherhood in the journey of life, there are still few others which got to struggle a bit in the process. In this article we will tell you about how yoga does improve fertility in men and women.
While the whole process doesn’t go that tough, infertility is something which acts as a barrier for them on their way to be a happy mother. This is where the painstaking journey of “not been able to become a mother” starts and though there are a number of treatments available to treat the situation, the overall health of the person plays a vital role.
Role played by Yoga is boosting Fertility
- Decrease stress levels
- Detoxifies the body
- Increase blood circulation
- Boost Immunity
- Helps keeping the ovaries healthy
Helpful Yoga Asanas for Conception
“Hatha yoga” is said to be the best amongst the rest for fertility as it involves movements slower and flowing movements. Moreover, the deep and easy breathing process involved in this yoga brings more calmness to your mind and further allows it to become more focused and concentrated. The various holding poses called Asanas also helps in improving the blood circulation to a great extent.
Helpful Yoga Postures in achieving Pregnancy
- Alternate nostril breathing (Nadi Shodhan Pranayama) :- The Alternate nostril breathing technique brings more calmness to your mind and body by releasing the extra stress. It further helps in the purification process of nadis (subtle energy channels), thus ensuring smooth flow of prana. By getting the stress out of the mind and body, this pranayama allows you to stay relax and calm and making the body more positive towards the fertility aspect and achieving a fresh perceptive towards Conception.
- Bee breath (Bhramari pranayama) :- The Bee breath immediately release the stress, anger and anxiety levels from the body and hence ensure better chances of conception in the process.
- Seated forward bend (Paschimottanasana)
- In the The Seated forward bend, the lower back, hamstrings and hips gets stretched while stimulating the uterus and ovaries to be more feasible for conception. this pose also relieves stress and depression and thus boost the fertility factor in the body also.
- Standing forward bend (Hastapadasana)
- This pose stretches all the back muscles and enhances the blood circulation to the nervous system and pelvic region. It also makes the spine more flexible while relieving the extra stress from the abdomen region.
- One-legged forward bend (Janu shirshasana)
- The One-legged forward bend toughen the back muscles, which is highly useful during pregnancy.
- Butterfly pose (Baddha konasana)
- The Butterfly pose helps in stretching and strengthening of inner thighs, groins and knees. It further improves the flexibility in the groin and hip region. It is also said to be helpful in pregnancy as it allows a smooth delivery.
- Legs up the wall pose (Viparita Karani)
- This pose helps in the stretching of the back of the neck, front torso and back of the legs. This pose also helps when the body is fatigued and legs are feeling stressed and tired. It further helps in relieving the backache and improves the blood circulation to the pelvic region. Practicing this posture after coitus enhances the chances of conception, even if the fertility rate is just good.
- Yogic sleep (Yoga Nidra)
- Yoga Nidra, also been called as yogic sleep, helps the body in achieving an equilibrium with peace of mind. This pose also holds the power of pushing the state of mind upwards and bringing more positivity in the whole body and thoughts.
- Though this pose does not improve the level of fertility to that extent
- it certainly soothes the body and mind and put it in a much comfortable position to start a conception.
Helpful Yoga Postures to Boost Men fertility and improve Sperm Quality
There are a number of Asanas in Yoga which further help in improving the sperm quality and improves the Fertility factor in Men.
- Bhastrika Pranayama :- Kin this Yoga Asana, You just have to keep your hands on your knees and sit in a ‘Padmasana” pose while keeping your eyes closed. You then need to Inhale and Exhale via both of your nostrils with full force and ensure making your lungs expanded to their full capacity. Perform it for 30-40 times at one go and also try to increase your speed every point onwards. It might now show you instant results, but will put a positive impact on quality of the sperms eventually.
- Sethubandh Asana :- This Asana is regarded as one of the most helpful yoga exercises for male infertility. To perform this exercise, you need to lie down flat on your backside while keeping your hands close to your hips. Slowly draw your feet back to bend your legs at knees and try to lift the middle portion of the body from the ground while keeping the breathing going. Keep your head, neck, and shoulders tightly on the ground. Just try to hold the posture for a prolonged period and then slowly return to the initial position.
- Dhanur Asana :- Dhanur Asana is one of the greatest yoga exercises to increase sperm thickness. To start with it, you just need to lie flat on your stomach on the ground and then slowly lift your legs while holding them with your ankles. You then need to raise the lower part of the body and your chest at the same time from the floor while inhaling as much air as you can so as to keep your stomach landed on the ground in the process.
- Ashwani Mudra :- Ashwani Mudra is another famous Yoga pose to improve fertility and increasing sperm quality in Men. To get started with it,
- you first should sit in a sukhasana position keeping your back in a straight position while keeping eyes closed.
- Afterwards, slowly lift the lower abdominal muscle of your body and your anus up
- keep holding this pose for a second before coming back into the relax position. Try to repeat this asana hundred times a day while staying focused on muscular contraction and relaxation.
- Hal Asana :- This is one of the most difficult. Yet most effective asana on this list for boosting fertility and sperm quality. To start with, lie straight with your backside on the ground. Then just Stretch your body till and extent you can while keeping the hands beside. Inhale air and raise your legs till they are vertical to your waist.
- Afterwards, maintain your head firmly on the ground
- while lifting your waist with the help of your hands so as your legs get stretched past head
- touch the ground at the back of the head.